Monday, April 28, 2008

Shame on you Fox News 6

In the fashion of Mrs. Clinton, I thought I would comment on a recent "news" story I overheard on Fox 6 San Diego, regarding the Vanity Fair photo shoot with Annie Leibovitz. I don't feel its necessary to link the photos, or the article / news story. For the three of you who haven't yet seen/heard about this sad affair of bad parenting and poor judgment, I've included a censored copy of the offending image below.

And in case you think I'm over reacting, or blowing this out of proportion, consider that on the one hand, the Cyrus' claimed to be Christians the last time I checked - and on the other, I have a daughter, and would not want her displayed in this way for ANY amount of money or publicity... I welcome your comments...



Regarding your reporting on Miley Cyrus' photographs - first off, in my personal opinion it was unnecessary to show the photo of a minor without her clothes on...  

Your anchor's opinions that the photo didn't look all that "scandalous" to them was also unnecessary.  

Exploitation like this should neither be propagated or dismissed as innocent. It's indecent - plain and simple. Everyone gasps when a teenage girl is kidnapped, raped then brutally murdered.  

I make the connection because this type of reporting only causes viewers to change their opinions on subjects such as these. As long as we don't see anything wrong with portraying teens half-naked in magazines, television and the web, we shouldn't be all that surprised when a pervert capitalizes on a moment of opportunity to abduct and have his way with her...

No comments: